Monday, November 2, 2009

Be Careful Of What You Wish For

Have you ever wish for something so hard you end up getting it, except not quite like what you imagined it would be?

My mother-in-law just told me about a pregnant lady who wished that her baby will be as pretty as a doll. Yes, her baby came out very pretty, just like a doll.

Except, the baby is mute. Just like a doll.

I've an experience of my own. Last year, there was this big deal pitch that my team and I have been working on for a whole month. I was so nervous about presenting that I wished so hard that my director would do it instead of myself.

On the morning of the presentation, I received a terrible news. So terrible that it haunts me up to this day. My little nephew was rushed to the ER, as he was found at the bottom of the swimming pool, unconscious and blue in the face. I had to take emergency leave, so my director ended up doing the big presentation.

See? I got exactly what I wished for.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails