Wednesday, June 1, 2011

M2U VS Maybank2U Scam.

Sometime last week I received an email from Maybank2u asking me to update my account via online. But the funny part is it was emailed to my blog's email, which I certainly did not use for my online banking purposes. I was confused for a few seconds (I'm kinda slow like that) before telling myself this could be a scam. But don't worry, I did not click the link given in the email. On mouse-over, I can see the link does not lead to Maybank2u website. And then I opened my personal email and made a comparison.

This was from m2u (m2u@maybank2u.com.my) informing me about a 3rd party transfer.



And this was from maybank2u.com (alertservices@maybanksecure.net) asking me to update my Maybank account information.



Shall I say, nice try, scumbags?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails