Monday, December 7, 2009

Rantings On Manners and Knowledge

During the weekend, we went to Sunway Pyramid and had Ayam Penyet Ria for lunch, which was pretty good. I personally like the sambal because it is super spicy.


After husband and I satisfied our stomachs, it was my baby's turn to satisfy his so I went to the baby room in Jusco. They had an area for changing diapers and private sections for breastfeeding. While breastfeeding, I was rudely interrupted twice. One was a Malay girl and the other one was a Chinese woman. Giving them the benefit of a doubt, they might have thought that the section was empty even though the curtain was clearly drawn. But what irked me the most was not only they didn't apologize, they didn't even have the decency to close back the curtain. Where are your manners, people?


Image from z.hubpages.com

Today, I was pressured by a couple of people to let my baby drink plain water.

"Oh, look at him! He's thirsty. You HAVE to give him water!"

It's difficult to talk to these people when they think they know more than a young mother like me.

Extracted from Baby Center:

In general, it's not a good idea to give your baby water until he's about 6 months old. Until then, he'll get all the hydration he needs from breast milk or formula, even in hot weather.

Giving a baby younger than 6 months old too much water can interfere with his body's ability to absorb the nutrients in breast milk or formula. It can also cause his tummy to feel full, which curbs his desire to feed.

1 comment:

Amak said...

It's difficult to talk to these people when they think they know more than a young mother like me.

-indeed

herm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails